Barbara Pellow, group director, InfoTrends, presented at Printing Impressions’ webinar, Web-to-Finish. The focus was on web-to-print and web-to-finish capabilities that make a lot of sense in the push to increase efficiency, innovate, stay competitive, reduce cost, and maintain quality.
Barbara presented an intriguing list of “then” and “now” comparisons to describe the reality of the new economy – all of which are driving the production process. Here’s what Barbara described.
• From supply economics to demand economics
• From “make-then-sell” to “sell-then-make”
• From production-centric to customer-centric manufacturing
• From manual to automated
• From analog to digital
• From single media to cross-media
• From wired to wireless
• From fast to immediate
• From experience-based to best practices
• From intuitive to fact-based
• From reactive/adaptive to proactive
• From ad-hoc (job focus) to systematic (process focus)
• From creative to innovative
If Barb has any of this right – and I’m convinced she does – that’s why marketers are struggling mightily with “keeping up.”
Webinars like this one sponsored by Xerox and moderated by Barb and Bryan Yeager from InfoTrends, along with John Davila from Kaye-Smith, are vital to easing the job.
-- scrubbed by MarketingBrillo